[mythtv-users] Missing 1/3 of screen in Mythvideo

Frank Coogan ebay41250305 at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 25 20:17:27 UTC 2005

Hi all! I've just completed an upgrade on an Asus Pundit from 80GB HD
running Fedora 1/Mythtv .12 to a 200GB HD running Fedora 3/Mythtv .18. All
went well following Jarods HOW TO. I have a couple of glitches I need some
help with.
First of all I'm not a Linux expert by any means. All I know came from
Jarods guide, google searches and this forum. I am still a beginner with
this OS. That being said here are the details of the problem.
I have an ASUS Pundit running a P4, 512 mb, pvr-250, FC 3 installed
following JW's HOW TO, Mythtv .18.
When playing a file through Mythvideo the bottom 1/3rd of the screen is cut
off and i can see the previous menu screen instead of the video i'm playing.
I've searched the list for similar problems but have only found references
to small black bars at the bottom or sides of screens. I'm using mplayer as
I couldn't get the xine to work for me.Funny thing is its not doing it on
every video file. Some tv shows that aren't widesceen it displays perfectly.
Then another movie file that was widescreen displayed ok. This has me
stumped.  Any help would be appreciated. If you need more info like the
details of my xorg.conf file please let me know. This used to work without
problem in my .12 install and would love to get it running again. Thanks,
Frank