[mythtv-users] Pixelation while Fast Forwarding through Recordings

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:52:25 UTC 2005

My backend has been having problems locking up lately. Which means I have
had to hard reboot it. Now on the frontend, whenever I try and fast forward
through commercials, I get major pixelation. The time on the OSD also seems
to be moving slower than it normally does on a 20x FF. These are the specs
on my BE:

Athlon 2600+
A7N8X DLX
768MB DDR (diff speeds on 3 sticks)
ATI Radeon 7000 AGP (not sure of driver level)
80GB OS Drive (LiveTV Buffer lives on this drive)
3 x 120GB LVM drives (Recording / Videos Live here)
1 x PVR-350
1 x PVR-250

I followed Jarod's guide for FC3. The rig hasn't had any FF problems in the
past. I think it might be some file system problems. Has anyone seen a
problem like this? Do I need to run an FSCHK on the drive? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!!

Jim