[mythtv-users] Problems with mythburn

Jim Geist velocityboy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 15:45:36 UTC 2005

Hi all -

I've just set up my first mythtv (using the kit from
magicitx.com<http://magicitx.com>)
and so far most everything is working great. I'm having a problem with
mythburn, tho.

It always gets stuck at "Loading AC3 Frames..." This looked like a ProjectX
message, so I used import to grab Xvfb's screen. The problem is ProjectX's
license screen. You have to click 'I Agree' the first time you run ProjectX
to get into the app. When I run it from a shell prompt, that only happens
once; it writes a file out that says I've agreed and the next time, I go
right into the app. But when it gets run in the context of mythburn, it
always sticks on the starting screen. I obviously can't click "I agree" in a
virtual frame buffer :-)

apache and mythburn are both running as the mythtv user, so ProjectX should
have permissions to its startup file.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

-- Jim