[mythtv-users] Transcoding issues

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 00:58:34 UTC 2005

On 24/09/05, Stewart <braedric-mythuser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have my myth box up and running.
>
> Athlon 950Mhz
> 384M RAM
> 40GB HDD (for now)
> 350-PVR card
>
> Live TV and recordings are great.
>
> If I manually transcode a video from the frontend, The quality doesn't
> seem to be all that great.   The audio is fine, but the video seems like
> it transcoded every other frame or something.  It looks really bad. Any
> thoughts or settings I should double check?  It looks kinda like stop
> animation with a blur to make it look like it's moving.

How are you playing the video, and what dimensions are you transcoding
the video to? If you're using the PVR-350 TV-Out without the latest
XV-support then non-MPEG2 will play back v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. If
you're using your monitor or TV-Out on your video card, make sure the
drivers have XV support enabled.

Nick