[mythtv-users] Scrambling analog channels

Paul Schied paulschied at alumni.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 23 15:52:40 UTC 2005

Just thought people might be interested in this. When deciding whether or
not to go ahead and attempt to pull together a mythtv setup I came accross
the unfortunate reality that my cable company (comcast in Philly) scrambles
almost all of my analog channels. If i hook up my direct cable feed to my tv
I am only able to get about a dozen basic channels, almost all cable
channels are scrambled. I only have basic extended cable and from what I've
been reading most people think that cable companies do not scramble analog
channels even if they give you a cable box. Just an example where they
definitely do.
 If anyone has any possible work arounds (I'm doubtful) I would love to hear
them as this has been a definite bummer for me.
 Paul