[mythtv-users] Convert to Backend

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Sep 23 15:41:32 UTC 2005

>>> MDaugird at erdman.com 09/23/05 11:16 AM >>>
> I have a setup that is working as a FE/BE in one box.
> I kind of took the defaults with everything.
> I just got a hauppauge MediaMVP that I would like to set
> up as a FE I understand that I may need to change some
> things in the BE to allow other connections.
> Does anyone have any links to a HOWTO convert this?

http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php

and it's about 3/4 of the way down under remote frontends.

> I still wan the FE to work on the FE/BE box, I just want to
> allow a second front end to access the recordings.

Perfect, that's exactly what the mediamvp/mvpmc setup
allows you to do!

> ALSO, if anyone has a good how to on setting up the
> media MVP as a FE that would be really helpful.

http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/mvpmc-HOWTO-singlehtml.html

You need to set up your backend to be a dhcp and tftp
server and export some stuff.  It's pretty easy once
you get the basics down.

Paul