[mythtv-users] pvr 250 and pvr 500 in same box

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 15:21:52 UTC 2005

It was working perfectly for me using the FC3 ATrpms
(0.2.0j or something like that).  I did have to make
some changes to my modprobe.conf file, it looked like
this:
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
# ivtv 0.2 specific options
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
options cx25840 no_black_magic=1

I have since upgraded to the 0.3.8 ivtv drivers (built
them from source).  Since doing that, autodetection
works great (for me), so I could remove the lines
listed under "# ivtv 0.2 specific options" (i.e. the
<name>-ivtv and the cx25840).

The 0.3.8 driver worked flawlessly with a
PVR-250/PVR-500 combo, as well as a PVR-350/PVR-500
combo (which I use now).

-- Joe