[mythtv-users] Mythweb on your mobile phone: a chtml theme? (non-WAP) for DoCoMo I-mode phones

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Sep 23 09:51:17 UTC 2005

Around about 23/09/05 01:48, David Bennett typed ...
> I am trying to access Mythweb from over my Mobile Phone. After posting
> about it on this list, I got tons of help about how to view it on a
> WAP enabled phone (the standard in America I believe). Although WAP is
> just about the right size, and a perfect layout (well at least it
> looks so when I view it from Firefox), I-mode docomo phones do not use
> the WAP system. They use chtml, an html designed specifically for cell
> phones.

   I'd never heard of chtml before, just wap & wml [UK].  Looks like chtml is
pretty much only docomo phones, and even then is on its way out.

   'Fraid your best bet is reading up on chtml (mostly the same as html my the
reading of it), copying the wap theme and making it just be html.  Then tweak
your mythweb to point to 'chtml' upo the user-agent.

   You may also have to learn a bit of php ... :-/

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature