AW: [mythtv-users] Mounting two hard drives to single mounting point

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Sep 23 09:40:38 UTC 2005

Around about 22/09/05 13:41, ghuntress at comcast.net typed ...
> hmmm, perhaps I should rethink keeping my mythstore in an ext3 partition over software raid :(

   From reading on the list a month of two back, I think ext2/3 is the only FS
capable of cleanly mapping out dead bits of disk (should it start to go), and
I felt I wanted that functionality.  That and wanting the power-safety of
journalling means I kept ext3 when I had the chance of jumping.

   My vague feeling after reading around on it was also that it's also pretty
much the most stable.  I'll just have to be careful about when I choose to
delete big files ...

   Doesn't setting the largefiles[4] mkfs option help matters?  I went
largefiles, maybe I should have done largefiles4. I do see pauses when
deleting, but haven't really suffered anything because of it (but then most of
my recordings are ~2.5Gb).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature