[mythtv-users] Beginners question

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Sep 22 21:07:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 04:58:18PM -0400, Erik Pettersen wrote:
> The outstanding question is if somehow his cable company is the kinda
> that actually scrambles analog and requires cable box to view anythign
> at all...

I have Comcast and no convertor.  (I used a Tivo from its initial
release until it died a couple months ago and made a point of only
getting the clear channels so I wouldn't have to deal with an IR
blaster.)  I doubt that they would scramble everything in other
markets if they don't here.  Have you ever heard of a cable company
doing that?  (I haven't.)

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that