[mythtv-users] Beginners question

Paul Schied paulschied at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 20:23:46 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,
 I am new to this forum and am considering trying to get mythtv working but
want to clear a couple of questions up before going any further.
 I have comcast cable, extended basic cable. To my knowledge it is not
digital but I DO have a cablebox. From what I've been reading I will need to
hook up the cable to my tuner card after it goes through the cablebox (so it
is decoded).
I want to be able to watch tv while recording a different channel. From what
I've read I am pretty sure this means I need two tuner cards which will both
need to have the cable coming from a cablebox. My question is if I just
split the cable from the cablebox, is there any way to record something and
simultaneously watch a different channel or do I have to have two cable
boxes for this?
 Thanks,
Paul