[mythtv-users] [Mostly OT] OTA HDTV Options

Brandon Stoll mrmagoo at mrmagoo.org
Thu Sep 22 03:50:56 UTC 2005

   Earlier today I picked up an indoor antenna and to my surprise
nearly every channel came in with pretty bad reception- which was
better then I expected.  So, I'd like to try an outdoor antenna but I
have a huge problem: I'm on the second floor of a 3-floor apartment
building, and facing more or less the wrong direction according to
antennaweb.  In a situation like this, would an outdoor antenna
(something I could mount on a balcony and neighbors wouldn't complain
about) even give a significant gain vs an indoor or am I wasting my
time?
   And, since I'm probably going to end up getting HDTV one way or
another, what HDTV tuner cards should I be looking at?  I've seen a
lot of posts using the HD3000 but I'm interested if there are other
tuners that have Linux support too.

Sorry for being incredibly off of MythTV but I really don't know where
else to be asking these questions :)