[mythtv-users] Auto transcode and commercial cutting not happening

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:38:22 UTC 2005

HI,

I am not sure if I have overlooked something or it is just ignorance,
but mythtv doesn't seem to be either flagging commercials or doing
automatic transcoding.

On the mythfrontend settings I have the appropriate checkboxes checked
to allow for automatic transcoding and commercial detection. On
mythweb when I set it to record a program the checkboxes for
"Auto-flag commercials" is checked. However, the shows are not
transcoded (they are left in .nuv format), and the commercials are
still present. But then it HAS to be transcoded in order for
commercials to be cut, right? But Mythweb also has "has cutlist: no"
... and I thought this SHOULD be "yes" since it is set to auto-flag
commercials. Have I misunderstood this?

Can anyone show me where I might have gone wrong here?

Craig