[mythtv-users] 16:9 video playback cutting off 10% on right side

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 23:12:46 UTC 2005

Boy, I saw something very similar, but you won't like
my solution.

When I hooked up my new ED plasma, I was trying to run
it in its native resolution via DVI-HDMU cable (which
was automatically recognized). I had the same problem
you describe: 4:3 and GUI displayed OK (the 4:3 with
the black bars), but the HDTV was stretched so the
right 3rd was off the screen.

What fixed it for me was switching to a 1080i (HDTV)
modeline. Everything works fine now. But that
obviously won't work for you. However, you may want to
full around with different display modes.

BTW - the only similarily I see is that we were both
using fanless FX 5200 cards. Like I said, I am running
through a DVI-HDMI connector. I'm using the 7676
Nvidia drivers and 18.1 for mythTV on a FC4 box.

Hope this helps.

Rob