[mythtv-users] TV-out: GUI but no video - on ATI 9800SE

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 23:08:52 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Jonny,
> >
> > Check to ensure you haven't got resizing of the TV-out setup in
> > fireglcontrolpanel which could affect the picture size. The
> > DisplaySize entry and monitor refresh rates in xorg.conf might also be
> > affecting things. IF you want to post me your xorg.conf for TV-out
> > I'll compare it to mine.
> >
> > Nick
> >

>  Hi Nick,
>
>  Thanks for helping.
>
>  I've been experimenting with xorg.conf, and I have 2 versions - xorg.conf
> makes the monitor look OK, but no video overlay on the TV. xorg.conf.tv
> makes the overlay work on both screens but makes the monitor display go a
> weird widescreen resolution/refresh rate.
>
>  The difference between these files is DesktopSetup is clone in the
> original, but to get the TV working it has to be Mirror. The only other
> changed option is TVStandard which is NTSC-M in the original, but PAL-D in
> the xorg.conf.tv.
>
>  I'm in the UK, so it should be PAL (I think the UK's PAL-I). But changing
> the TVStandard option to PAL or PAL-I either  makes no difference or breaks
> X completely!
>
>  I have an S-Video to composite converter coming from the Graphics card to
> the TV.
>
>  Thanks again,
>
>  Jonny

Jonny,

I've attached my xorg.conf file for you to look at - it's used for
TV-Out only (i.e. no monitor), PAL-I and widescreen TV (the
DisplaySize line). Res is 800x600 24bit. Driver version is 8.21.10 but
I'll be upgrading the box tomorrow so will try the latest 2.6.12
compliant driver. My graphics chipset is the ATI Radeon 9100IGP
(Pundit-R system). I've never tried getting dual head running on this
machine so don't know if I'd have the same issues.

Nick