[mythtv-users] about to take the plunge

Bill Omer bill at spis.net
Wed Sep 21 19:07:02 UTC 2005

Hi all

I've been thinking more and more about converting my PVR over to Myth.
I'm currently using Win2k with BTV and Meedio and using a Firefly
remote.   Reliability has become an issue, as well as some usability.  I
would feel much more comfortable with a PVR running Linux.

So I'm thinking about pulling my pvr box out of its cabinet and
installing KnoppMyth tonight.  I wanted to ask the list if I might be
setting my self up for a fight.   I have the following hard ware
configuration.

P4 1.8Ghz
1GB Ram
40GB OS HD
160GB + 120GB for storage
gForce 5200FX 128MB
Firefly USB remote (x10 based)
56" HDTV (1080i supported)

So my questions are:
I've never messed with LVM.  Has there been many problems with using LVM
on KnoppMyth before?

Will using 1920x1080 with a DVI cable be a problem?

And I have a pretty high WAF ....  how has other's WAF been effected by
using Myth, specifically if you are coming from a Windows-based PVR?

Regards,
Bill Omer