[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-250 used to work, now stops tuning

Jeff Piazza jeff at jeffpiazza.org
Wed Sep 21 16:15:17 UTC 2005

Just an update, perhaps it will help someone else: in this Pundit-R I
have both the PVR-250, and a pc-HD3000.

I removed the machine from the A/V cabinet and hooked it up in a
workspace.  The tuner worked, surprisingly, so I hooked it back up to
the main TV, and, of course, the tuner didn't work.

I noticed in the dmesg output some examples of "ivtv: i2c client id
0x02 not found!".  (I think it was 0x02, but I'm not completely sure.)
I'm still not sure exactly what that means, but just to make sure it
wasn't some new software/configuration issue (despite no change in
either), I removed the pc-HD3000 card, and now found the tuner to work
reliably.

I reassembled once more (two pci cards in the Pundit-R is a tight fit),
and noticed contact between some of the leads on the PVR-250 and the
metal shield on the pc-HD3000's tuner.  I now think this was the
problem.  A square of shirt cardboard and I haven't had any problems
since!

/JEP