[mythtv-users] Channel change scripts and Gentoo

Henry Fleischmann henry at fishcasa.com
Wed Sep 21 04:08:28 UTC 2005

It seems that the Gentoo emerge of Mythtv did not install the contrib
directory so I ended up having to do a little searching to find a serial
channel change script for my STB. I'm not sure if I have the right one
or not but I guess I'll find out tomorrow when the cable co. enables the
serial port on the box. I noticed the same thing (no contrib dir) with
Xmltv when I tried to run the icon script detailed in the mythtv install
doc.

Does anyone know a way force the emerge to install everything? Should I
just compile Mythtv from source? Is there a good place to download known
working scripts? I have a Motorola DCT 2524 (Comcast).

Thanks in advance