[mythtv-users] Re: DVB-S channel scan problem with 18.1, Astra 19.2, skystar2

Uwe Schmidt uwe.uwe at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 12:48:31 UTC 2005

> Anyway I am glad to hear that the scanning was working with skystar
> card (btw. do you have skystar2 or skystar1 cards?). I was afraid that
> it is the driver issue (it looks like everybody in the mailing list is
> using these PVR-XXX cards...).
> I will probably try some older versions of mythtv, maybe the 18.1 and
> the SVN snapshot has really broken DVB-S scan functionality.
>
> Thank you.
> Bob

Bob,

I used .18 and .18.1 along with DVB-S on ASTRA, both did the job.
Technotrend and Skystar cards.

But, when I start mythbackend and mythfrontend on the same system, I
sometimes get the same logentries, and the backend says something like "DVB0
no data from card...". Do you have the same ? Only a reboot fixed the
problem then, restarting myth does not.
Switched to .18, "seems" to be more resistant against this, but perhaps is
not. Do not know.
Some Entries in the mailing list cover the same problem, but no solution.
Not using mythfrontend on the backend machine and no problem anymore.

If you need a db-dump, write an email. I will provide you a complete db of
my production box.

hth,
uwe