[mythtv-users] OT? : Java < projectx < mythburn

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Tue Sep 20 12:02:35 UTC 2005

Sorry to those of you who feel this is OT, but it brings me one srep
closer to getting everything in place for my MythTV setup.

I'm having another go at getting mythburns dependencies in place, and,
now that sid is once more on the way to good health, I have a working
QT3 environment (I think). Tried (and failed) before with blackdown
java, so now I'm trying with jdk from Sun, which is installed in
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_05/

ProjectX 0.8.x bailed out with a "Bad Intrepreter" message, but 0.9 does
more as I expect, bailing out when it can't find my java executables. So
I'm wondering what the correct environment variables are and exactly
what should go in /etc/ld.so.conf, and /etc/profile. A little trawling
threw up references to recompiling the kernel with java support. Is this
also something I need?

Cheers

Marius