[mythtv-users] RE: Mythfrontend on Xbox

Adam Anderson adamand at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 20 00:56:32 UTC 2005

>>Have anyone successfully running mythfrontend on xbox??

I am currently running a mythfrontend on an xbox running Xebian with
mythvideo, mythmusic, mythdvd, mythweather, mythtv all fully functional.

>>I recently installed linux on my xbox. The distribution was xebian. Of
>>course the next thing I want to do is install mythfrontend. Simply doing
>>an apt-get on the mythfrontend packages results in a nighmarish dependency
>>hell issue. Any easy way around this or tips? Thanks.

My last install I did using apt was around Aug. 14th and the install went
fine.  Check out some words I put together here:

http://www.mythtv-xbox.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36

But lately I have been trying to install mythfrontend on an XDSL install on
the xbox and have been coming up with huge dependency problems.  Now XDSL is
only lightly based off of debian so that could be the problem, but I think
the apt problems might have something to do with debian changing from woody
to sarge, or something like that (I could be way off on this).  Take a look
at the link and see if you can get anywhere.  I might try a fresh install of
xebian to see if those steps still apply, and to confirm the problems you
are having.

Adam