[mythtv-users] ACPI sleep problems

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Mon Sep 19 19:52:18 UTC 2005

I actually use the suspend to ACPI ram all the time on my laptop (dell
inspiron 8500).  I did have some pretty heavy problems trying to get it
running on my mythfrontend though.  There the problem was mainly in getting
the motherboard to respect a USB wake-up event (crappy cheap MB).

In any event, I'd strongly recommend getting the hibernate script that the
ACPI team puts out.  This script can be run from the acpid or commandline.
It does things like manages modules that are not compatible with ACPI (as
best it can) and restarting network interfaces on resume.  I suspect that
with a reasonable motherboard you should be able to get this working.
Paul