[mythtv-users] Channels that change inputs?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:26:02 UTC 2005

On 19/09/05, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I recall seeing a few weeks ago a method of selecting a channel and
> automagically selecting the correct input for it - tuner or s-video. I
> understand that its a new feature, so far only in SVN.
>
> Question is, how do I use it without a 'C' key to toggle between inputs?
>
> Do I set up two card names pointing at the same card and select tuner on
> one and s-video on the other and set channels across the two inputs that
> way? I'm running todays SVN but I can't see any obvious method of making
> the selection.

When setting MythTV up initially, after adding the capture card(s) and
creating the video source(s) you use Input Connections to connect a
channel lineup (video sources) to one of the inputs (tuner, S-Video)
on the capture card. The channel lineups can obviously be different,
as the tuner may have less or more channels configured for it than the
direct S-Video connection.

If you're running the SVN version with the updated channel changing
behaviour, you should be able to select any channel in the EPG whilst
watching LiveTV and the machine should switch automatically to that
channel/input combo, avoiding the need to press 'C'.

Nick