[mythtv-users] Re: One tuner on PVR-500 (was Re: PVR-500 configuration)

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 13:23:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 01:52, Stefan Wrobel wrote:
> Eolake,
> I had the same problem and thought that it was a configuration
> problem.  I tried and tried and tried to get it to work, but finally I
> got wise and fired the card up on a windows box ... the 2nd tuner was
> dead.  I have since sent it back to Hauppauge and am awaiting a
> replacement.  Hopefully both tuners on this one will be good.  Do both
> tuners show up on cat /proc/pci?  Both of mine did, but if i did
> ivtvctl -a -d /dev/video1 I got all sorts of screwy values for
> brightness, contrast, etc that clued me in that maybe something just
> wasn't working right with the hardware.  Best of luck,

Thanks for the pointer.  At this point it appears that now I can get
video via the first tuner on the PVR-500.  This started working after a
reboot of the system.  Still no video from the second tuner on the
PVR-500 card.

I compared the results of the ivtvctl -a command for both /dev/video1
and /dev/video2  (/dev/video0 is the PVR-350 in my system).  I noted the
following differences, the capabilities lines are different and I see
odd entries in Brightness, contrast, etc.  Trying to find a way to
change those setting now.

I don't have a windows system to try this card in so I need to sort out
if I have a hardware problem or just a configuration problem.  Hopefully
it is just the default settings provided by the driver are not correct
for the second tuner.

/dev/video1
 Capabilities  : 0x01070011
Video standard = 0x00003000