[mythtv-users] Are there any docs that describe the split between mythfrontend and mythbackend?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 03:00:04 UTC 2005

> What I am not sure about is if I need to setup nfs to mount the /video
> from the master on the slave system.  And if I don't does the slave
> backend have a way to save the recorded files to the /video file system
> on the master?

You don't have to use NFS - the slave can store the captured files
locally.  And when a frontend requests to view that program the slave
will stream the file to the client.

The reason that people use NFS is so that if the slave isn't available
you can still watch the content, because the master backend will have
the file.  That's what the masterbackend override toggle does: if the
masterbackend can stream the file, it will.