[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:05:53 UTC 2005

What is the IP address and complete hostname of the machine you are using?

Are you using user 'daneel' as the user identifier in mythtv itself.
If so you (obviously) need the user 'daneel' to be able to acces the
mysql database. In the previous post, I mentioned using 192.168.1/24
*if* that was your network address. If it isn't, it wont help.

I would try changing your hostname to 'localhost' and using the user
'mythtv' when using mythtv. Login to the system as mythtv too. Your
database currently has privileges for this combo. Drop the database,
and then retry as before by loading the mc.sql file. To try and get
things running, we need to eliminate as many variables as possible.

If this doesn't sort itself out, start from a completely fresh system
(a complete reinstall of FC). Follow Jarod's guide completely and do
not deviate at all from it, especially where setting up users and
mysql are concerned. You will not need to manually import the mc.sql
database. Use the user 'mythtv' for MythTV.

Nick