[mythtv-users] TV schedule changes, how to adjust

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Sep 15 15:30:50 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>Sounds like tonight the President will be preempting several of the
>network channels tonight.  Is there an easy way to get the updated
>schedule into mythtv to account for the changes?
>
>I tried running a mythfilldatabase by hand this morning but either the
>changes were not sent or were not inserted into the schedule on the box.
>
>Does zap2it update for such things?

Looking at their website listings for my area code.  NBC and ABC have
updated listings showing the presidential address.  The trick is, you
need to make sure that Myth is updating the data for today when you run
the update by passing the --refresh-today option to it when you run it.

For reference, I just ran "mythfilldatabase --refresh-today" on my
system and I now have CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX all showing the presidential
address.

Kevin