[mythtv-users] Playback freezes

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Thu Sep 15 13:49:46 UTC 2005

Funny this should come up because I have something similar and my
wife blew a fuse about it the other day because she lost a program
she was trying to watch.

It is 100% of the time during live tv, and never during a recording.
When seeking in any manner (ffwd, skip ahead, behind, rwnd), the
system will just "freeze". Often it happens when I'm rewinding and I
hit play to start playing from the current position. The info bar at
the bottom will say anything from "rewind x3", "play" or "pause", but
for the next minute or so, the unit is unresponsive. Sometime (often)
after doing this a few times (trying to seek back enough) the
frontend just crashes. Again, this usually happens when the unit has
been left running for 20 min or more and she is trying to rewind to
where she left off.

Before someone points out the obvious of "Why doesn't she press pause
before leaving for 20 minutes" is that she has done that too, however
then when she unpauses, it plays 2 seconds worth and then "freezes".
I've seen her get frustrated and walk away and then 10minutes later
the system "unfreezes" and begins playing.

My system is:
2.2 GHz Celeron
512 MB ram
pvr 250