[mythtv-users] vertical lines from pvr-500

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Sep 15 13:00:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 03:05, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 12:56, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 15:40, Tim Hamer wrote:
> > > i never could get the ivtv for my 150s working from atrpms, but
> > > compiling from source was easy and worked great.
> >
> > So which version from sourceforge (or is there a better source for ivtv)
> > should be used to support a PVR-500 and PVR-350?
> >
> > And has anyone else managed to get a PVR-500 running using the packages
> > in ATRPMS?
>
> Yes. Mine's running just peachy in an FC4 box I just rebuilt last week. I'm
> using one of the very recent 0.3.x builds.

Jarod!  Used your guide for the first box I built and am using it for
this new box as well.

Should I be able to run the dd type tests against the PVR-500 encoders?
I have what appears to be the latest ATRPMS ivtv drivers  0.3.7k.  Works
just fine with the PVR-350 but the tests do not work with the PVR-500.

Would it be possible to post your modprobe.conf file?  Trying to
eliminate silly configuration mistakes.  This time around the PVR-350
came up with no problems, just can not get anything on the PVR-500
inputs.

The PVR-500 should be video1 and video2 in this box.

My modprobe.conf file:

[root at terraslave ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 8139too
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sis
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb