[mythtv-users] mythweb and wap on mythtv 0.18.1 (deb packages)

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:51:47 UTC 2005

Well code wise I think, everything's fine for me, I've added my mobile
to the list of known user-agents, so it picks that up correctly, but
it only sends me the WML theme, rather than the HTML over WAP theme.
I believe this is because my phone sends  a HTTP-ACCEPT header of */*
rather than one that includes text/html.  Unfortunately my php isn't
strong enough to determine if the line of code that checks this will
work, I emailed Chris with my question but I've not heard back ;)
- Ciaran

On 15/09/05, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 13/09/05 22:48, Ciaran typed ...
> > As I said it is always working, the theme selected is done based on
> > the user-agent string, and the http accept string sent by the phone
> > browser, this can be adjusted in includes/mobile.php in mythweb.
> > Although I've not had the time to figure out how to get it working on
> > *both*  my browser and phone at the same time, I imagine its possible
> > from looking at the code, it should work, I just think its having
> > issues with an accept string not explicitly containing 'text/html'
>
>    I managed to get the WAP theme working under Firefox by using the
> uaswitcher extension to pretend to be a Nokia phone† (this was to try to debug
> it).
>
>    Under 0.18.1, I was successfully accessing my server from my mobile, but
> mythweb was serving up null data when I dug down as far as an individual
> progam (from the listings).
>
>    Joe Buckshin sent me an updated wap theme he'd worked on [off list, after I
> had problems] and this now works a treat.  I can access mythweb from a normal
> browser (as usual) and my phone now works.  There's no theme selection from a
> phone [it's chosen for you based on user-agent], and similarly you can't
> /choose/ wap as a browser theme.
>
>    OP: what actual problems are you seeing?
>

> † - you need to delete the myth cookie after doing this otherwise you're
> locked into the wap theme on your normal browser.
>
> --
> [neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
> [neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
> ls: .signature: No such file or directory
> [neil at fnx ~]# exit

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)