[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 03:37:33 UTC 2005

On 15/09/05, Analabha Roy <hariseldon99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I deleted the mythconverg database and restarted the whole config of
> mysql then mythtv-setup as per the instructions on
>
>  http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/HOWTO-fc3.php
>
>   As you can see, running mythfilldatabase gives a whole bunch of errors,
> and running mythtv-frontend gives no pic or sound...
>

>   I would greatly appreciate any advise in this matter. Can anyone tell me
> what I'm doing wrong?

MySQL is not correctly setup for one thing I reckon.

Did the SQL error messages start any warning bells? There are 2 errors
on the first screenshot - Privileges has a typo...

First, check your current user info

$ mysql -u root -p
mysql> USE mysql;
mysql> SELECT Host,User FROM user;

Please post the output.

Make sure all mythtv users (called mythtv) who need to can connect to
the database (assuming your local network is 192.168.1/24). From the
mythtv offical docs, try

$ mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified
by "mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;

There is also an error in the mc.sql script which needs to be
addressed before you go any further. Please send a copy to me. I'm
sure it's related to user access in mysql too.

I would *seriously* consider wiping completely and starting over
following Jarod's guide from the beginning if this doesn't give any
progress.

Nick