[mythtv-users] How to fix Movie posters on FE

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 00:42:05 UTC 2005

On 9/14/05, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I tried that but the error I see on the FE is referring to
> '/root/.mythtv/mythvideo' which is not what I set in the path for the
> posters on the FE?
>
>  On 9/14/05, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >  On 9/14/05, A JM < vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Since the directory on the BE that holds the movie posters is hidden
> > > and in the directory '/root/.mythtv/mythvideo' how do I get the front end to
> > > read this directory? Can I create a link that the front end can read?
> > >  Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
> > >  AJM,
> > >

> > Besides setting the poster directory to something shared on an NFS mount
> > in the setup?

I'm assuming here that the backend and the frontend are on seperate
machines, and that the backend and the frontend have at least one nfs share
both can write to. What does it say in the setting for the movie poster
location? Is location on the nfs share? Also, what user does your mythtv run
as? Does it run as root? My understanding was that the frontend would be the
one running the script to retrieve posters, but I could be wrong. Does the
directory exists that the frontend has in the setting box?

As a last resort, try creating a symlink in the place the frontend has in
the setting as follows, from the backend computer, assuming that the
directory /mnt/MythVideo/ is on the nfs share and can be seen by both.

As root:
ln -s /root/.mythtv/mythvideo /mnt/MythVideo/posters
chmod a+x ~
chmod a+x ~/.mythtv/
chmod a+rwx ~/.mythtv/mythvideo
chmod a+rwx /mnt/MythVideo/posters

Not sure if nfs will allow you to follow the symlink like that. If you can
see in the directory and see the posters now, just set
/mnt/MythVideo/posters in the frontend and try it that way.