[mythtv-users] Where/how to plug in out-bound sound?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Sep 14 01:14:40 UTC 2005

>>> blake at kingdomrpg.com 09/13/05 8:05 PM >>>
> OK, I've just gone for reinstalling the system, and am now looking to

> plug  in sound...but how?

Depends - directly to the TV or going through a stereo?

> I have an Audigy (and onboard sound, hope that doesn't cause
> problems) but there's no place to plug in the standard 1/4"
> connectors, at least that I can see. What's the usual process?
> A Y-cable? What's the jack size on the computer-side, does
> anyone know off-hand? It doesn't seem to be quite 1/4".)

A y-cable is a Very Bad Thing (tm) IMHO.  I would use the
output of the audigy.  It's probably a 1/8" jack.  Just get a
1/8"-1/4" adapter and plug away.  It also depends on
how the sound is being amplified - through the TV or through the
stereo.  If you are lucky, you could even use some sort of
digital connection from the audigy to the sound system...

Paul