[mythtv-users] 18.1 dvb channel scan

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 20:41:09 UTC 2005

On 14/09/05, Pat Sheerin <pat.sheerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been using myth quite happly for a year or so with version 16.
> I recently upgraded to 18.1 so that i could use knoppmyth as i wanted
> a pvr box to sit under my telly. It was working for a while but i
> appear to have deleted my channel setup so I tried to run the setup
> agin to get the channels back but when I run the scan it is able to
> find the transports but when it does not find any channels.
>  I am using a dec-2000 with linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r4. scan
> dvb-t/uk-crystalplace works and finds all the channels and used to be
> how i populated the settings in myth. Is there any way to fill in the
> channel information manually? I says Signal Locked but the progress
> bar takes a very very long time to go anywhere and then appears to
> hang at 100%. Signal Strength and Signal/Noise never change from 0%.
> If you would like me to send any more information then let me know.

You can use xawtv to detect all the channels and then use
mytfilldatabase --xawchannels to populate the db. All you have to know
is the id of the source. If you have only singly source it's usually
1. If you have more then one then:
# mysql mythconverg
mysql> select * from videosource;

sourceid is the number you are looking for.

regards
pshemko