[mythtv-users] Recordings occurring despite schedule set to only to new episodes

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:09:33 UTC 2005

I imagine this has been noted in svn or even fixed, but wanted to make sure.

I am using 18.1 from atrpms

I set up a recording of Stargate and set it to new episodes only. But
despite that it still has recorded episodes that should of not been.

According to the documentation,

One of the duplicate matching options is "Record new episodes only".
If this is selected, listing that have an original air date of more
than 14 days earlier are considered repeats and are not eligible to
record. Generally, generic episodes will be marked as repeats also.

If this is the case the following episode shouldn't be recorded.

   Airtime:
          05:00 PM to 06:00 PM
   Title:
          Stargate SG-1
   Subtitle:
          Serpent's Song
          An ancient enemy unleashes a wrathful, destructive spirit.
   Rating:
          TV-PG
   Original Airdate:
          2000
   Category:
          Science fiction
   Schedule:
          Record at any time on channel 58.

My guess is that there may be a problem with the Original Airdate only
showing a year and not a full date.

This isn't a huge deal for me as it just means more for me to watch
and it's before anything else would record.