[mythtv-users] Tuner still active after frontend crash.

tufkal tufkal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 04:27:46 UTC 2005

3 times now I have been able to reproduce a crash on any one of my
frontends while watching live tv that leaves the connection to the tuner
it was using active on the backend.  That tuner will not release back to
being usable even though the frontend hasnt been there for minutes, even
hours.  Isn't there some kind of check in the backend that looks for an
active connection to the frontend during the use of a tuner?  Eventually
all my tuners get 'locked' into this problem and i have to restart the
backend so my frontends can access the tuners again.