[mythtv-users] Re: How do I compile mythplugins from source?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 20:27:23 UTC 2005

Okay, I checked, and I do have mythconfig.make in my mythplugins
folder, which is a pointer to /usr/local/bin/mythconfig.mak (which is
where mythtv is installed)

Makefile exists in the mythplugins folder after I run qmake
mythplugins.pro.  Makefile does not exist in any of the subfolders
until I try to compile all the plugins.  Then one is created (probably
right before the error is generated).

It seems like the submakes are either not finding mythconfig.make, or
are looking for mythconfig.make when they shouldn't.

?

> On 11/09/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/09/05, Mark Kundinger <mkundinger at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > This seems like a retarded problem to me, but what am I doing wrong
> > when trying to compile mythplugins?
> >
> > Here's the breakdown: I've got FC4. I did a checkout of today's
> > mythtv, myththemes, and mythplugins code from SVN. After a lot of
> > fighting with getting Qt compiled and installed, I have base mythtv
> > compiled, installed, and working propery. I also spent time
installing
> > dependencies for various plugins, so as far as I know I'm missing
none.

> > Here's what I do:
> > cd ../mythplugins
> > ./configure
> > (it produces a list of what will be compiled (most things), and
reports
> > no dependency problems)
> > qmake mythplugins.pro
> > make
> >
> > And then I get the following error mesasge:
> >
> > make[1]: Entering directory
> > `/home/mythtv/mythcvs/mythplugins/mythbrowser'
> > cd mythbrowser && make -f Makefile
> > make[2]: Entering directory
> > `/home/mythtv/mythcvs/mythplugins/mythbrowser/mythbr owser'
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `mythconfig.mak', needed by
> > `Makefile'. Stop.
> >
> > If I disable the plugin that generates the error message from
> > compiling, then the next plugin generates the same message about
"no
> > rule to make taret 'mythconfig.mak'".
>
> Does the file 'mythconfig.mak' exist in your myth tree?
>
> Nick

Also make sure your appropriate Makefiles exist.

Nick