[mythtv-users] Beyond the blank screen...

blake at kingdomrpg.com blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Sep 11 09:31:41 UTC 2005

OK, in the time it took me to download FC4, I fixed KnoppMyth. (That's
okay, I'll seed the BitTorrent for a few hours and use FC on a different
machine I want to put Linux on.)

So, I now have recording and TV viewing. Black and white, crappy picture
quality, and sound from whatever's on the DVD player instead of from the
TV, but it's a start.

Thanks for everyone's help. The two big issues for me turned out to be:

1. Having the two S-Video ports and mistaking the S-Video out for the
S-Video in.

2. Linux case-sensitive file system. I was looking for my x11 directory
and couldn't find it. (Duh. It's "X11" not "x11".)

(I presume--hope--the rest of the issues will similarly reveal personal
deficiencies in reading and education rather than something serious.<s>)

Thanks for everyone's help!