[mythtv-users] One channel has bad audio synchronisation.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 11 00:48:03 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
>> It's not MythTV as the audio is about one second behind the video on
>> this one channel on the TV as well, that's the way the cable co gives
>> it to us. Other than adding that glamorous "badly dubbed foreign
>> film" feel to Desperate Housewives (which is an improvement incase
>> you're wondering) it's driving she who must be obeyed up the wall.
>>
>> Is there a way I can delay the video by a second or so, on one
>> channel only?
>
> The best way is to call your cable company and tell them to fix the
> problem.  How much are you paying for that garbage from your
> government-sponsored local monopoly, anyway?
>
> Other than that, you could always demux/remux the stream with a
> specified offset.  If it's a constant offset, this shouldn't be too
> difficult; otherwise...

Oh, BTW, there's also an "Adjust Audio Sync" menu available in the SVN
version (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/133981#133981 ) to
do manual correction.  You can access it by pressing the Menu
key--normally 'M'--while watching the recording.  If you aren't
comfortable with compiling/running SVN, it's a feature to look forward
to in 0.19.  :)

Mike