[mythtv-users] Audio periodically stutters when playing mythtv transcoded show

Grant Kwok grant at kwok.ca
Sat Sep 10 23:48:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have problems watching programs that myth records, flags commercials
and then transcodes the program to mpeg4.

Basically when viewing these programs, the audio would periodically get
all crackly and stutter after a random amount of time.... using the skip
forward and then back, fixes the sound but usually it comes back after
another random amount of time.    I'm using a hauppauge pvr350 with the
latest 0.3.x drivers from svn, playing dvix, xvid videos using either
the mythtv internal player or mplayer doesn't have this problem... this
is why I'm thinking this is a mythtv issue as opposed to a ivtv issue,
or there is a setting that I'm missing.

I've played around the agressive audio buffering and the real time
priority threads options but they dont' seem to help.

Any ideas anyone?