[mythtv-users] Fastest file system

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:51:09 UTC 2005

You guys with the kids and the reset buttons are giving me high blood
pressure!! ;-) NO FILE SYSTEM is intended to sustain regular unclean
shutdowns. If you get through a few unclean shutdowns, count yourself lucky,
but don't rely on it.

How about opening up the case and disconnecting the reset switch from the
Mobo?

You could do the same for the power button. Then the kids can press all they
want.

Oh yeah, buy a UPS ;-)

I guess I haven't tried to delete any 2GB files lately, and I will have to
soon... but how slow is it? Does the Mythfrontend interface "hang/pause"
while you are waiting for the delete to complete? Could this just be put
into the background with '&' to improve the UI response time, if that's the
driving factor?