[mythtv-users] Fastest file system

Kim Wall kim at ductilebiscuit.net
Fri Sep 9 16:43:53 UTC 2005

Michael Segulja wrote:

> I have trouble with JFS on my recording partition any time the computer
> is rebooted uncleanly.  I have lots of problems with the kids hitting
> the reset button because they think it's fun! :-)

Ever considered disconnecting the reset button from the motherboard?  I
did this on a case I had a while back that had a overly sensitive reset
button that was easily hit when putting bags etc down in front of the
computer.  I mean, how often does a linux box need resetting?

Of course, the kids might then go for the power button...

Kim.