[mythtv-users] A station in my area changed to a different channel

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 15:27:48 UTC 2005

Running mythtvsetup will not clear out recordings,
priorities and such, as long as you tell it not to.

I moved into a new place (just last weekend,
actually), and went through that procedure.  Run
mythtvsetup, clear the channel listings, select my new
provider (also doing so in DataDirect), and everything
was good.

Well, everything MythTV related. There are some issues
with my cable co-op not reporting to Zap2It correctly,
so while my "non-local" channels are on Eastern
timezone feeds (I'm in California, which is Pacific),
not all of the lineups on Zap2It reflect this.
Thankfully, Zap2It is working with me (and their
upstream listing providers) to correct the issue, I
just need to get the information from the cable co-op.

The only thing that you will have to fix yourself by
re-running mythtvsetup are any recording schedules
that were previously on the channels that changed.
You'll have to tell it the new channel number.

All of your recordings will be unaffected.

-- Joe