[mythtv-users] Fastest file system

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Sep 9 14:56:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:49:13AM -0500, Mike Daugird wrote:
> Why do you run fsck so much? Keep the machine up 24/7, linux is a stable OS and doesn't need to reboot everyday to keep running.

Clean reboots do not beget fscking.  If someone is running fsck all
the time, it's due to power issues, flaky hardware, children who
think it's fun to press the reset button, etc.

Or maybe they only end up fscking once or twice a year, but prefer
that it not take forever to complete.  Power outages have a tendency
to strike just before your favorite show on days when you're not
home, after all...

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that