[mythtv-users] TV-OUT and live tv

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Fri Sep 9 13:54:06 UTC 2005

hello, I have a PVR-350 with the following drive layout
hda1 /boot
hda2 swap
hda3 /
hda5 /cache
hdb1 /mythtv
hdb is a 300 gig drive, hda is a 30 gig drive and hda5 is 10 gig.
I had a hard lock and had to reboot my machine with the power button, on reboot my /cache was said to be corrupted.
When I got logged in I unmounted /cache the reformated it figuring that nothing on chache is worth keeping and I wanted a clean filesystem.
after the reformat I rebooted and everything came up fine.
now when I start mythfrontend I lock up when trying to watch livetv.
If my backend is recording a show, I can watch that show and fastforward so that I am only seconds behind livetv. So I am recording and watching TV just fine.
I find this strange, Is there something about live TV that would make it lock up. all of this is on my TV my monitor has nothing on it at all.
any help is appreciated.
thank you for your time and have a good day