[mythtv-users] Fastest file system

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 9 13:35:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:52:37PM +0100, David wrote:
> about a second on 1.2Tb system :)

Ok, I'd like to clarify a point here.

Yes, that's how long it takes to replay the journals on a dirty
shutdown and restart.

But even journalling filesystems break occasionally, and just playing
the journal won't help.

And at that point, they all pretty much fsck at the same fscking speed: slow.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!