[mythtv-users] One Card for Analog/Digital Cable and HDTV?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Sep 9 13:18:47 UTC 2005

I'm just about to order gear for my first MythTV setup.  I was planning
to use the typical Hauupage cards with digital cable set-top boxes and
S-Video capture with infrared blasters.  Then I started reading about
DVB, QAM256, etc. and it made me wonder if I can buy a Fusion or other
card that will capture my existing analog and digital cable (non-HD) and
also support HD-over-cable capture if I enable that programming with
Time Warner.

I would appreciate any clarification around DVB-C (cable HD?) and QAM256
(digital cable?) capture cards are recommended.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.