[mythtv-users] All recordings are file size "B" according to MythWeb

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:12:52 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Azmat <azmat.hussain at gmail.com> wrote:
> My disk filled up the other day so I went ahead and deleted some older
> shows, freeing up about 28GB.  Now, everything that records shows up with
> file size "B" when I view my recorded programs page on MythWeb.  I've tried
> rebooting the machine but to no effect.  Has anyone else encountered this?
> Thanks.

The only time I see this is when my tuner does not lock to the signal
and ends up recording nothing instead of the show.

Check your backend log to see if your tuner is working.  Look for 'No
data received in X seconds' type messages.  It may be that as well as
running out of disk space, you did something freaky at the same time
like disconnecting your arial???

Also, did you delete the recording using myth or did you delete them
using a file explorer?  I found on FC2, that when I delete stuff, it
gets put in the recycle bin, not actually freeing disk space.  You
should always delete shows using MythTV's UI.

Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.