[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-500

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 04:04:49 UTC 2005

In the case of analog cable, only the one coaxial
cable is necessary.

With analog cable, every channel is transmitted over
the same wire with differing RF frequencies, in 6
(NTSC/Annex B) or 8 (PAL/Annex A) MHz increments.  The
PVR-500 has two tuners in it, even though it only has
one RF (coaxial) input, each tuner operates
independantly.

For digital cable, then you'll be using either one
coaxial and one S-Video/composite, or you can order
the extra Composite/S-Video adapter from Hauppauge.

-- Joe