[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Sep 9 02:27:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 17:32 -0700, Joe Votour wrote:

> Also, check that in the MythTV setup that you used
> "Tuner 0" for both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.

Thank you for that tip; all the different tuners and device names is
very confusing. I just got a PVR-500MCE that I was trying to add to my
PVR-150, and I now have all three tuners working!

For all of you who are having problems getting all of this working, I'll
say the same thing people said to me when I was having problems: keep at
it, it's worth it. MythTV rocks! I am at the point where the VCR is
disonnected from the cable and is used for playback only. My big desktop
is a combo backend/frontend with the three tuners, and a Pundit-R
frontend is in the main TV room. It's great! But it did take a
significant portion of my free time for a couple of months to get to
this point.

--Greg